Starting a new website, blog or business can be overwhelming! Heck, just updating or maintaining one can be! Below are some of my favorite resources and companies I use for my own businesses! I hope they are helpful for you!
- BlueHost – This is the provider I use for hosting + domain registration. Their customer service is top notch and their prices are very affordable. I also have instructions for set up that you can follow here.
- GoDaddy – I have worked with GoDaddy on many sites over the years and can’t say enough great things about them – they have great customer service and offer very affordable options for those just getting started!
- SC Stockshop – Beautiful images! They are on the more expensive side, but absolutely gorgeous!
- Her Creative Studio – This is one of my favorites and I have used her images on my own sites. If you are looking for styled stock photographs, this is a great option!
- Kate Max Stock – Another great site for styled stock! They also offer a membership program.
- Creative Market – This is SUCH a great source for stock, fonts, themes, etc. They are one of the first places I check for ideas and inspiration.
- Unsplash – They have a large selection of images and they are all FREE!
- Death to Stock – You can sign up for monthly images for free or subscribe for monthly access to their photo library. If you post frequently to social media, this is a great way to keep your content fresh!
- Design Seeds – If you want to get lost in colors and palates, this is the place to go! I could spend hours on this site!
- Color Palettes – Another amazing site for color!
Tools for Design
- Picmonkey – They offer free online photo-editing and a paid premium service for more features.
- Canva – This is my go-to tool for creating blog graphics – easy to use and creates professional and beautiful designs!
- MailChimp – I have used a few over the years, but have always come back to MailChimp. It’s easy to use and it’s free for up to 2,000 subscribers.
- QuickBooks is #1 rated small business accounting software for a reason! It is complete and offers SO many options to help you manage your bookkeeping and payroll with ease!
- If you are self-employed be sure to check out QuickBook’s Self Employed product – you can distribute invoices, track mileage automatically and generate your quarterly self-employment tax payments so you are never behind on those taxes! Click here for 50% off!
- Wave is a free small business accounting software that you can use for sending invoices, managing accounting and bookkeeping, and running payroll. I am a member of the Wave Pro Network and I would love to talk to you more about the ways they can help you streamline your bookkeeping process!
Links I Love
- Namecheckr – have an idea for a name but not sure if it’s been used? Namecheckr checks domain and social username availability across multiple networks.
- HTML Color Codes – have an image with the PERFECT shade of blue but not sure what the code is to use for other designs? This is the tool to help! It can pull the hex code from an uploaded photo. I use this site all the time!
- Google Fonts – all free and easy to incorporate into your website or graphic design!